IS | IRC

The blog for the uncivilised civilians of IIT Kharagpur 03 batch.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

>> Call of the Big BGLRE <<

Back to KGP at last !

It has been a hell lot of time before coming back to KGP, and during this vacation ( or training for some of us ), I missed this place the most. Well atleast things will be a lot easier this semester, and while some of us are maroing nehles I am content with my satti.

I did my training in Bangalore, and well that had been a really bad experience when that comes to food. I dunno about what Partho / Puspa have to say about that but as per my opinion Bangalore is one hell of a over bloated , over popularized city that can come crashing down anyday. During the initial weeks, I decided that hey I am in southern half of the country, so why not experiment and eat the south indian cusine for a while during the training period. That my friends totally turned out to be a total disaster. I arrived in Bangalore a on Sunday, a day before the training starts. I had expected that Bangalore would be a burner on my wallet, but had optimiustic expectations from the city. I went out on day one searching for a good food outlet. To my astonishment, there were more bars and bakery stores as opposed to the restaurents. I was feeling very hungry, so I entered a bar cum restaurent outlet. Food, ahem, rice was all that I could find. I eat of rice at home, but only rice is not an option for me . Rice seems to be the only input for a cook in Bangalore.

Day two brought more dirt spashing on my clothes with help of the generous rain that filled up all the roads completly. Regarding the rain there is strange co-incidence or shall I say evil intent on part of someone, to deliberately rain when the I step out of the office. The rain altered its time so that no matter how much I vary my check out time it always rained the heaviest when I am most vulnerable to it. Days passed by and this thing repeated with exact precision for 2 weeks straight ! After that the rain got tired of soaking me and rained very intermittently ( at Laaaast) !

The weather in Bangi was always pleasant no matter what time of the day it might be. This was the only plus point that I can find that Bangalore as a city has to offer. I asked one of the employee about the weather out here, and this is what he said - " Bangalore has a quite pleasant weather, but ten years back it had a weather of its own ". Sweating in Bangalore is strictly prohibited.

Our training was also of topsy turvy experience. The most comical and stupid thing was about the way the company protected the company's source code and how you can get a file from the World Wide Wide Webbbbbb. The statistics say that to transfer a file of any size, any content, to your computer from WwW will take you approximately 1 day of work.

This roughly what I did this summer and it would really nice if you do post your comments to this ( or otherwise I shall roast your email !!! And Haunt You Until I know What You Did this Summer )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home